Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Trying Days

I have been struggling with the mommy part of me so far in this short week. It started some time Sunday. I cannot really explain it. It could be the puking. It could be the potty training. It could be my unexplained exhaustion. It could be not having worked out in months, or the 10-15 pounds I have gained in the past two months. It could be the fact that I have not had a date in well over a year. Or kissed a boy over the age of 8 in over 500 days. Or it could just be PMS.

I have no patience with Jackson. I cannot deal with the defiance, which seems to emerge at my weak points. I don't really want to play or to be silly. I HAVE been good at story time.

We have had melt downs the past two nights. He has sobbed. I have thrown in the towel and gone to bed.

I am now ran to the computer as the bath fills rather than fight the fight of getting undressed.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. And I am getting my haircut. And then who knows.

Hopefully Thursday will be a better day.

No comments: