Thursday, April 23, 2009

Surface

Spring has sprung, and apparently so has Jackson.

I went to pick him up today and I could not find my little boy. However, when I looked in the back yard, there was a boy back there who seemed to be a few inches taller than Jackson, with long lean legs sticking out of his shorts.

This little boy did decide I was his mom. How quick they do grown in the sun and the warm weather!

We decided to explore the neighborhood, me walking and Jax on his scooter. He then proceeded to analyze the riding "surfaces". Bumpy surface, smooth surface, surface not good for riding the scooter. Doing tricks with his little Spidy scooter.

We visited with neighbors, friends stopped by, help capture a run away dog. Then we jumped up and met friends for ice cream. He looked so grown up in his ND zip up sweatshirt.
This is a happy new phase in our lives. More flexibility. More adventures. And hopefully a lot of fun ahead of us this summer.

But I do have to wonder, what happened to my little little boy?

2005

2006

2007

2008

2009

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am honored to be a part of your dreams! How funny!!!

I am so loving having my babies being little...I know that one day I will wake up and have the same thoughts that you are having about Jackson. I am already having anxiety issues with them teething soon. I can't imagine those little gummy smiles with teeth!

Love the flashback photos!

Karen

Lisa said...

I almost started crying when I looked at all those photof of your little man!!! My God he is SO cute! And clearly growing SO quickly!!!!!