Jackson and I are getting set for a little trip and adventure this weekend. My unofficial 20 year high school reunion is tomorrow night, so we are headed back to the burbs.
Since my birthday is Sunday, I am going to keep Jackson for the weekend, and Springfield seems to be in turmoil, I thought it would be a good and fun opportunity to introduce Jackson again to The City.
He was downtown once when he was 3 months old and experienced the great Water Tower area. I still remember the looks on the faces of the people at the little Italian place right in the Older Tower plaza area when my friend Little Margaret and I showed up at 7 PM on a Saturday night, pushing the stroller, and requested a table for the three of us. This is a place where we stopped for appetizers between my friends' wedding at Holy Name Basilica and the reception at the Four Season- Not the place you take an infant on Saturday night. Did not deter us. And by the end of the night, we have numerous people approaching our table commenting on what a cute and great baby he was/is.
That was also the same trip we got in the elevator, joining 3 or so 20 somethings dressed to the 9s, heading for a night on the town. My adorable 3 month old lit up and I swear started flirting with them. He IS his father's child.
I have lots planned: CTA bus and el routes and schedules. Shedd Aquarium schedules. Water Taxi from Shedd to Navy Pier. Perhaps dinner at Dick's Last Resort, hopefully with Little Margaret. Brunch on Sunday with my friends and their two children whose wedding is mentioned above, and then off to Lincoln Park Zoo.
Jax will get to experience all modes of public transportation in The City. Bus to Shedd. Water Taxi to Navy Pier. Likely cab to Dicks. El back to the hotel, unless my maternal fear is too great to take my precious cargo on the el after dark. El to Belmont for Sunday Brunch. Not sure about the to and from the zoo, maybe walk from brunch.
I have packed lots of little bags of snacks, a baggie of cereal for each of us for Sunday AM, a couple of juice boxes and a couple of bottles of water; my camera, and I found a brand new, disposable camera for Jackson to use.
We are staying at the W City Center, a place that fancies itself one of the chic hotels in The City. It was my home away from home for awhile in my old life when I typically spent several nights a week downtown for work. My boyfriends roommate managed the bar, and it is right by the loop el.
Excitement has filled our house. Jax has told anyone and everyone he can find that he and mommy are going to Chicago tomorrow.
Wish us luck. I hope the trip lives up to at least a fraction of my dreams! Hopefully we can post a photo journal of our trip when we return.
4 Years Old - Moving On
14 years ago
2 comments:
It took me way too long in this post to figure out that you meant Chicago. I hope you have fun!
Oh that sounds like SO much fun! I can't WAIT to see the pictures!!!
Post a Comment