- Do not step into the street without a grown up.
- Do not go out an outside door without permission.
- Do not unbuckle your seat belt.
Pretty clear, and imposed for Jax own safety.
Tonight we were across the street visiting with neighbors, well all of a sudden, Jax was gone. We looked beyond the landscaping, and there he was, across the street. I calmly walked down the longish drive, looked both ways and crossed the street, and swatted his little back side one time.
The message was delivered. It did not hurt, but got his attention. As I did the walk toward the little man, I pondered whether or not to follow thru with the rule. I had to in my mind, but what would the neighbors think? I turned to applause.
My neighbors are old enough to be my parents, and their granddaughter is one of Jackson's favorite playmates. They are old school, as were my parents. I don't like to spank, and don't truly want to. Most often a time out is enough to get the message across, because Jackson DESPISES upsetting me, but this was a safety issue.
When we went inside (our visit was over), I told Jackson that next time, his spanking would be harder. He answered, "Next time I won't walk into the street."
I guess I got my point across.
1 comment:
Good for you, Suz! Weekend was fune, but we missed you! Next time, hopefully, we can all get together.
LisaD
Post a Comment