Back Home Again in Indiana
Both of my parents essentially grew up in Indianapolis. Dad lived his entire life until his wedding day in the same house in Indy, and mom moved there in elementary school. We left Indy with the break up of the bell system in 1984.
On June 13, my dad officially hung up his Mickey Mouse ears (he was the keeper of them as his department developed the Mickey phone back in the 70s) and officially retired. They closed on the new house in Indy, and moved the following Tuesday. Their new place is nearly impossible to describe. Suffice it to say, the feeling there is a very homey "camp" life feel, with a very large "farm" house on several acres, big front porches, trees, fire pit, decks, out buildings, wooden play set, more doors than at Home Depot. We enjoyed a few days there.
><
It definitely feels like home.
Vindicated
Jax went for his 3 year appointment immediately upon his return from Indy. He is 32 lbs and 38 inches - 75% in height/50% in weight. Nurse Tracy said he was a happy healthy boy.
Much to my family's mocking, I did ask the doc about his "aiming" issues (see below). As it turns out, he DOES have a structural issue down there. Things are not aligned as they should be. We see a pediatric urologist in a couple of weeks.
I don't know he knows any difference, because I have repeatedly told him his stray sprays, were "okay" to avoid a build up of anxiety, I now know it truly is not his fault. It makes me much more patient as I pull out the Clorox wipes and dry underwear from being sprayed in the back.
I am attempting to block out what the specialist may say is a solution to the problem, but I feel better that he has done all that he can to help.
Spidy Rules
Jax turned three while we were in Indy. He enjoyed a joint Spiderman party with his cousin Zack who will be 8 in the 7th. (Yes, he had a 7th b-day last year on 7-7-07. It was cool.) I got them matching spidy shirts to wear; they had an awesome spidy cake, and we had tons of family out to the new Baase homestead.
A great time was had by all, and the amount of cool gifts was truly obscene. My family loves to shop. WAY too much. But thanks, everybody. I finally think I found a spot for it all, and used the opportunity to clean out some of the other toys.
One of these days I will share the story of Jax birth, but that may have to wait until after August 15, or a night I cannot sleep.
My B-Day, Jackson Style
My birthday is about 2 weeks before Jax. This year it fell on a Saturday. After trying to figure otu what I wanted to do, and then discounting that because of the lesson my sisters' birthday taught me - Mom's birthday is NOT about mom, but about the family, I turned the planning over to Jackson.
I asked him if HE would plan my party. He was excited. What them should we have? Hanna Montana.
"You need a cake, Mommy. A Hanna Montana cake."
So we went to the grocery store. We walked in reverse order. He picked out Hanna Montana napkins and a Power Ranger card for me.
He told the lady at the bakery that he needed a Hanna Montana cake for his mommy's birt-day. She looked at me in disbelief, and I just told her, "You heard him correctly." She pulled out the book, should him the picture, and he said, "Yes, that is a good one." It said, "Happy Birthday Mommy." We went to the deli and ordered chicken, cuz mommy was NOT going to cook.
We then sent an email to local friends and waited.
The night before the party, we headed to SuperWalmart for last minute items. "You need a Hanna Montana present, Mommy. And music." We found Hanna II like we got my niece for her birthday. I drew the line at the $30 Hanna guitar, and he instead opted for the soccer coach Barbie that came with two kid soccer players, the coach, balls and a net. It was an excellent choice.
He picked out the Spidy supplies for his party, and also a H.M banner for mine. Drinks, snacks, and we were set. We headed home and wrapped the gifts.
It was a good party.
By far the best part was watching his little mind process what I would want for my party, and what it meant for the birthday party. He beamed with pride as he showed off the cake, and gleefully said "I got this for you, Mommy" when he handed me the package that held the Barbie and Hanna music.
Thank you for the party, big guy!
5 comments:
I truly appreciate it.
Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.
I'm thankful with your blog it is very useful to me.
Happy Birthday Suz and Jax
Post a Comment