T minus:
- 8.75 hours until the carpet layers begin doing their thing
- 14.25 hours until the first golfers tee off
- 19 hours until packet pick up begins
So what did I do with my big Wednesday night? After I finished two clients' taxes, went through the top of my desk, cleaning off, throwing away, and taking care of those pesky things you always put off but I did not want to move. Met John delivering Jackson for a hair cut. Then met Kim and the architect/partner Bruce to clean the building. Apparently somehow cleaning the work site did not make it into the contract/bid/whatever.
I have escaped the labor part of the building project, partially because I am not an owner, and they can't force me to do it; but mostly because most days if they would have asked, I likely would have lost it. Kim, Eric and Bruce have put in an insane number of hours taking care of projects out of the scope.
Tonight, I volunteered.
Our task for the evening was to remove the debris from the offices, sweep, vacuum, and dust so the carpet layers could begin tomorrow at 7. I brought the best broom, so got to sweep, then took a soft brush and dusted every door, every inch of wood work, every cabinet (that is installed), window frame (that is installed), outlet cover, cold air return, you get the picture. It was a very hot and dirty job, but I got some exercise, bonded with Kim and Bruce, perspired, and got mentally straight again. How is it that a satisfying day/evening/couple of hours can do that? I was completely filthy, but refreshed.
The next few days are going to be grueling. But by this time next week, the movers should have everything in, and perhaps we will have cabinet doors. Not sure when they are going to essentially repaint every wall because they all need it again, get in the right lights for the bathrooms, or order the window frames for the front window, but tomorrow is D-day for the building. The occupancy permit inspection is Friday at 8 AM. Kim and Eric's daughter will be here with Jackson for the evening, and I jokingly suggested that perhaps Em should just spend the night. When we left there at 9:50, it started to sound like a good idea.
As I have been saying, as long as someone is here with Jackson, I always have the 11 P - 6 A hours unaccounted for!
By the way, the piece of furniture/cabinetry that I designed and Bruce tweaked is starting to go in and is going to be AWESOME!! I can't wait to see our finished project.
1 comment:
I am exhausted just reading everything you did!!!!
Post a Comment