Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We are back!

After the much needed break, we have returned.

Jackson and I had a great trip to Lake Syracuse with our family. The weather was mostly sunny and quite breezy, so no long fl0ats on the raft, but I did finish a book I HIGHLY recommend, "Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult (not quite as tear-jerking as My Sister's Keeper, but an interesting perspective on religion, the death penalty, etc.)

Highlights of the trip:
  • Jackson perfecting the "outdoor potty" (any tree he could find - but we needed to keep him pointed WITH the wind)
  • Jackson's new-found l0ve of being shirtless.
  • For my brother-in-law, me getting up from reading my book for a couple hours while sipping a yummy strawberry rum frozen concoction in a bucket and declaring, "My, I'm trashed."
  • Watching Jax and dad catch two fish (okay, just dad, Jax was not even on the dock at the time, he claims them since it was "his" pole).
  • Jax rewriting the words to "I like to move it, move it!" to "I like to tube it, tube it!" - Pretty clever for a 3-year old.
  • Ang, Mike and my 2.5 hours on the boat, behind a land wind block with no phone, no children, a full cooler and our tunes. It was HEAVEN!
  • Fielding only one call from the office (and actually not returning it for over 12 hours).
I will post pics later. Back to work.....

1 comment:

Dr. Lisa said...

Congrats on what sounds like a great vacation.