I took advantage of our home time during Jax recovery to return to an old annual September tradition of cooking until I drop.
All told, I think I made creations with in excess of 10 pounds of beef, and now in my freezer are:
- 2 meatloafs
- 2 lasagnas (made with homemade sauce)
- 30 meat balls
- 4 quart bags of BBQ beef
- Lasagna noodles cooked for 2 more lasagnas (should read the box next time I cook 2)
- 1/2 pound browned ground beef
- 2 sausage patties in the fridge for tomorrow's breakfast (and 2 in our tummies from this AM)
LisaK and I used to joke in college that I could write a book "100 Things to do with Ground Beef" and perhaps someday I will.
I need to make another double batch of sauce, cuz I now don't have any sauce to go with the balls. The original double batch was just enough for the lasagnas and JP and JPII's dinner. Humm.
I also typically do chili, but forgot (thus the left over browned beef?). Sadly(?) the house no longer smells like the clean pine smell from Ms. Debbie who cleans once per month, and is back to a combo BBQ and red sauce scent.
The sink is stacked high with dishes, and all I have actually eaten since breakfast is PB&J and break and bake cookies, but I think I will continue to sit here and watch some tennis.....
1 comment:
It's so funny that I'm reading this post now because just yesterday I was talking to my husband about stocking up on meals before I go back to work (which isn't for a few more months)! This is a great tradition though...
Post a Comment