Friday, October 17, 2008

My Date(s)

  • Hot Dogs, tater tots & lemonade at Sonic - $6.22
  • 45 minutes with perfect behaviour "scoping out" ToysRUs - $0.00
  • Apple pie & Ice Cream left over from our play date last night - $0.00

    A perfectly fun Friday night date with my handsome brown haired, hazel eyed little man, PRICELESS!

    Other highlights from our date:
  • "Mommy, we cannot leave yet. I have not finished my lunch. I will eat my bread and then tell you when we can go to ToysRUs. Plan?"
  • Seeing the beam on his face when I thanked him for being so very good at ToysRUs.
  • That he was a PERFECT angel at ToysRUs.
  • I got a VERY good idea what he wanted and did not really care about for Christmas.
  • "Mommy, next time we can go to the Racket Club, and I will play tennis with you. It will be our tennis GAME. Plan?"
  • "Thanks, Mommy, for a fun night."
You're welcome, little Bug. I love you!

(And my other "pre-date" if you can call it that: Got a call from a guy out there inviting me for a drink after work but starting early. Met him through a mutual friend and see him usually at a monthly local social networking club. Returned the call when I was ready to strangle the people at work and left at 4:30. He was not out yet, so invited me over for one before I picked Jax up. Nicely decorated house. Mirror image of mine. 6 blocks away across our gorgeous park (we are both in the first block outside of the park - him north, me south. His dog loved me. I was there about 45 minutes. It was the first time it was just us. Still have not decided if I like him. Not sure if he likes me. I always feel like I am being interviewed. BUT he is nice, has a good job, and looked amazing in his dress clothes and tie. Of course I was in my fall campaign uniform of 12 year old green fleece, jeans, white t-shirt and causual shoes. Ugh. Why didn't I AT LEAST wear my cute new brown jacket???!! My friends always tease me about only wanting "a suit," which is kind of true, unless the cute little young contractor boy would just quit smoking.....I even thought Jax dad looked great yesterday AM in his finely pressed shirt and nice dress pants for work, and I know I don't want to go there again. But to me there is nothing sexier than a man in a smooth dress shirt, loosened tie and messed hair at the end of a long day.....I digress. We will see. He invited us over for a Halloween cookout, but not sure with trick or treating and candy passing out if that will be in the cards. Will be Jax free the night after Halloween though.... Who knows. By the way, did I mention his dog loved me?)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ha ha ha! Totally agree with you about the whole nothing sexier comment!!! My husband doesn't wear ties NEARLY enough!!! Sometimes it's nice just to have a grown up to hang out with.....

And what a SWEET little man Jax is! I love that he was telling YOU the plan!!! Glad he likes the videos of Baby Aliza too, that is so sweet!! :)

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Sounds like a fun night and late afternoon.

I have to agree a man in dress clothes is so very attractive.