Sunday, October 19, 2008

When Enough is Enough

I had it with the clutter building in my house.

As I have noted, one HUGE issue with my endo status lately is the inability to move a few days each month. Couple that with tight work schedule, travel, my not caring days, and you end up with piles all over my house.

I DESPISE CLUTTER.

One HUGE benefit of being a single mom with a very cooperative dad and non-inlaw family (how I frequently refer to John's family, because I am not sure what else to call them exactly) is my 28-30 hours every other weekend kid free. Yesterday I had a work meeting most of the day, but today the stars were aligned. I read the paper, went to church, then the grocery store, and then got a ton done before picking Jax up at 4.

I even managed to cook a delicious meal for a change - marinated top sirloin with portabello mushrooms, tortellini tossed in a tomato cream sauces, fresh steamed carrots, Hawaiian bread dinner rolls, and baked apples with blueberries for dessert.

All I have left is to get Jax out of the tub, fold and put away 2 loads of laundry, empty the dishwasher and pay the bills. After every thing else I accomplished today, I have faith it CAN be done......that would be a GREAT way to start the week.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm with you on the clutter! Interestingly, my husband doesn't seem to see it on a day to day basis. Then he'll have some major freak out where he'll just start throwing stuff away, which makes me crazy! Sounds like you got a lot done (that dinner sounds delicious!!!), isn't it the best feeling in the world!?!?

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.