The old saying is that God won't give you more than you can handle.
I think He sensed that my household needed a little pick me up. Perhaps He intercepted the woe-is-me texts between my friend I the other nite, picked up on my more frequent self-pity parties I have been having. But regardless of the reason, we hit some big, good Karma this weekend.
This weekend was our Blessed Sacrament School auction - the largest funder activity of the year. I sat with the preschool/Melody babysitter/soccer/t-ball family table. We had a blast.
They spent money, and WE won. Mahoney's won the wheelbarrow overflowing with quality alcohol raffle, Eicholtz's won the play house raffle AND I won the 32" HDTV + wii raffle!!!!
The night was soooo much fun and we headed to a neighborhood restaurant for after auction drinks to celebrate their purchase and our winnings.
Sunday I hooked the TV up and put away the wii for Santa to bring to us for Christmas.
As if that wasn't enough, we learned this AM that Jackson won a bug remote control toy thingy in the Preschooler raffle!!!
This good karma winning high I hope will swing me through this week as I try to cram about 3 weeks of work into 4 days and prepare for my little (hopefully) surgery on Friday.
And as I rest and recover on my couch through the weekend, I can watch college football in with my eyes closed in hi-def!
4 Years Old - Moving On
14 years ago
4 comments:
Congrats on the winning. That is awesome. We need to catch up soon.
Just catching up on blogs...and YAY for you for the win!!!
Good luck on the surgery, sending healthy, healing thoughts your way!
WOO HOO! What an awesome night....you deserve it!
Good luck on the surgery - I am sure you will breeze through it!
Congrats!!! Hopefully your days will only continue to improve!
Post a Comment