Monday, December 15, 2008

Dressing it Up

What is it about that perfect black dress, the litle strappy sandles, the outfit that makes a perfect stranger pause and say, "You look STUNNING" that makes us stand a little straighter, walk taller, and feel like you can conquer the world? (Check out Kelli's post for a good description of it from most of our days gone by.... )


The "Shoe Shot" from my brothers wedding. Mine are the strappy silver - so not me but so fun to wear!

Last night it was not my outfit, but my house dressed to the nines that made me glow with pride. I love to entertain and put on our finest...the photos don't exactly capture the warm of the glow, but I can still see and smell it....


The table, buffet and wall of maternal history


Yes, we are "green" in that I am using toy shelves to insulate the fireplace.... someday I will get it back!


The "bar"



View from my kitchen door way

3 comments:

Dr. Lisa said...

So nice and festive. hope you had a fun party

Karen said...

It looks great! What a pretty house you have. Want to come decorate mine? :)

Karen

Anonymous said...

Your table/house looks better than mine! It is just beautiful. Well done.