- Mom made it thru surgery well, and after a failed attempt last night, they were able to extubate her this AM. She was groggy, but able to recognize dad and complain of a sore throat.
- She will be in ICU for a few days, and then in a regular room for a few more. They said the recovery time will be quite extensive.
- John's dad is going to need surgery, too. They have found a lot of random things wrong, but have decided they don't think he had a stroke. There is some mass on/near his colon they are going to remove and biopsy and then check on some other abscess/mass that is much smaller near his lung. He only has one functioning kidney right now, and it is only functioning at 50%, but don't really know if this is new or something that has been an issue for awhile, complicating some other random things. He had a short stint with bladder cancer two years ago.
- Matt and Stacy should be checking into their maternity room about now. The boys are with their dad, and Matt was passing time playing games with them this AM. He is not good at the waiting game.
The best part of the day was listening to the two young lads jabber in the back seat. It was all I could do NOT to crack up. I learned that the memorizing lines of movies thing starts young - the two of them were quoting lines of Cars to each other, discussing the characters, who crashed who and rehashed scenes. They discussed sports, sports figures, and cars. They analyzed what superhero was good and which was bad, and who could beat whom in battle.
It was fun to see the little guys having conversations amazingly similar to my drinking guy friends' around a table at a bar. There is not that much difference between 3, 33, 43 or even 53 for some!
Jax did not get a nap, but I did get some work done, watered down a few budding fires at the office, and got all of the laundry put away.
Jax passed out on the living room floor at about 6:15, just after he ate dinner and not long after Austin left. I put his pillow, blanket and pupy down with him and moved to my room, so I hope he will sleep thru the night.
In case I don't get back to it....
Happy New Year to you all!!!
1 comment:
Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well. Hopefully, everyone else will do too. I'll keep praying.
Post a Comment