Monday, December 29, 2008

Updates

I had begun witty poem take off of the Night before Christmas, but somehow my tales of Jackson's holiday fever pales today.

We are back from Indy - got back in last night - but are headed back either tomorrow or Wednesday AM. My mom had been in extreme pain for a few days following some kidney stone like pain for the past several weeks. It turns out she had a "leak" in the aorta near her abdomin that was pooling blood in that area. She was taken into emergency surgery a couple of hours ago. They believe that they have caught it in time, but that it did have the potential to kill her.

Dad insisted I not come tonight - plus we are midway thru laundry - but we will head there in the next day or so.

I wish you all a happy new year, and a hope that it starts a bit quieter than 2008 ends.

My sister-in-law is being induced with Cooper Andrew Baase tomorrow night and since this is her third (but my brothers first) they did not do any child birth class. My brother is the biggest worrier of us all, so I gave him the best crash course I could over the phone the past couple of times we talked. I hope they have a box of tissues and and ice pack for his head when he passes out.

AND John's dad has been in the hospital since Friday, but should be out tomorrow.

So if you pray, please add our little trifecta to your prayer list. If you don't, then just buy me a drink when I get back. My friend Theresa already started tonight with a bottle a of Chardonney.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to your mother.

LisaD

Dr. Lisa said...

Oh dear, You are all in my prayers. I hope that your mom's surgery goes well. Yikes- some trifecta