This Saturday we have another 5 year old b-day party. And there will be another 4 year old party in the very near future.
It is Christmas time, so everything is on sale, so while I was out buying medicine/playing hookie on Monday after the plumber left, I meandered thru ToysRus in search of the "perfect" (cool/inexpensive/something not every kid already has) gift for JayneAnne, and came across the game aisle. There were lots of cool ones anywhere from $4.99 to $12.99. So I stocked up. But I did resist Candyland because several stores have it for $4.99, and Little Joe got 2 at his b-day.
I also went to the grocery store. And while I was there, stocked up on mid-range wines.
And went to the mall and stocked up on inexpensive snowman plates.
And the 6 pack of photo coasters (I think there are now 6-six packs of coasters in my basement, but one is for me from Santa).
I think either I am:
A - Completely anal
B - A shopaholic
C - Wanting to avoid our "west side" shopping congestion in December or
D - All of the above.
I used to have a stock pile of baby gifts down in the "gift room" - who am I kidding - the essentials are still there - Jackson's favorite book as a baby, Baby Motrin, Triple Paste Diaper Cream, Totally Toddler Spray Wash, and some random outfits. I can pull together a baby gift at the drop of a hat.
And now I guess I can also do a hostess gift, birthday/random Christmas and preschooler gift too.
And I wonder why I am having cash flow issues.....But is it wrong?
p.s. All I want for pre-Christmas are some comments. I miss Lisa being at home! Help me out please if there are any lurkers out there!
4 Years Old - Moving On
14 years ago
3 comments:
Oh! Thanks for the shout out! Although I'm sorry it was a sad one.
I am SO sorry I am behind on my commenting....working on catching up now!!! :)
We had this growing up-- a stockpile of gifts. I have to say, I think it is a great idea. If I had any room at all in my tiny cozy house I would start this process now.....
Just found your blog via the Yangs. I'll comment for ya!
I know what you mean about the cash flow....seems everytime I go out, it costs me a lot of money! Really though...it is that time of year where it is alright to do!
Karen
Hello! I am commenting! I love that you blog so regularly. I enjoy your stories and thoughts, and I miss you!
Post a Comment