Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Changes....

  • Jackson has grown legs. He had on shorts the other day that used to nearly cover his knees at the beginning of the summer...they now hit him mid thigh.
  • I had tried to relieve the guilt of not taking Jax for his 3 year pics, telling myself that he had not really changed that much. Now that we have the school picture, it is amazing how much he has changed.
  • One of our favorite past times is flipping through the folders of pic of Jax on my laptop. It is a good calming time killer and cuddly bonding for us. We came across a pic of Jax with his pacifier from almost two years ago. He asked what it was. He does not remember his pacifier. He does not remember that he called it his "boppy" and was trying any way possible to get to Chicago after mommy lost his boppies there while attending a conference in September 07. Wow. It makes me sad knowing that many if not all of his fun memories from now may not stay with him. I need to get the camera out more.....
  • He is quite the little reporter, when he wants to be, relating precise details complete with adjectives, adverbs, and now even prepositional phrases from happenings during the day. Tuesday he said, "The coffee pot was sitting just like this [demonstrating with his hands]. I was rolling across the floor, and not seeing where I was going, I tripped, and then hit my head with a thud, and then fell on my bottom with a thud, and then hurt my lip right here." Where did he get this "with a thud" thing??!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm catching up on blog reading! I LOVE that you look at pictures on the computer...that is so incredibly sweet and something I will have to do with Aliza one day for sure.