We are going to try Karate - or at least Jackson is.
Last night we popped into the place where a couple of friends' children go. Jax has been fascinated with the older kids who have martial arts class at our gym, and even more so when his friend Jane Ann started at this facility last month and brought to Ms. Melody's the board she "broke" her first day.
AND, let's face it, the kid needs a sport. He practices the three soccer kick moves a friend taught him - the tap, swirl and pass (who knew?) with a balloon in my living and dining rooms. We play balloon volleyball in the living room. He practices his free throw, jump shot and layup whenever possible. He and daddy even play hockey in his living room.
The only sport/activity - other than swimming lessons - that will take a 3 year old is karate. So we go Saturday morning for a trial, and then if he likes it, he will get fitted for his little white karate outfit (I am sure there is some special name for it?), and we will start the week after Thanksgiving.
The head guy (karate master?) said the key is a little discipline and some focus - and then commented as Jax eyes NEVER left the bigger kids working out on the mat - "He appears to have focus!"
Don't worry. I'll post pics.
4 Years Old - Moving On
14 years ago
3 comments:
How adorable. I can't wait to hear about your little karate kid
I agree with Lisa! :)
I'm sure you know the appropriate name by now but the karate outfit is called a "gi" with a hard G.
http://www.all-karate.com/116/the-karate-uniform-gi
Jax looks great in it!
Post a Comment